Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE

So I’m going through these blogs and found a interesting one by Steve Benen off the Washington Monthly. What stood out was the line “I got nothing to lose.” It has to do with Sarah Palin and her interview with Rush Limbaugh. First she was asked why she is more aggressive then John McCain and she responds, "Rush, I've got nothing to lose in this and I think America's got everything to gain by understanding the differences, the contrasts here between Obama and McCain." Another thing Steve brings up about Sarah Palin is that she likes to talk a lot on things that she knows nothing about. This reminded me of her first televised interview where she couldn’t answer anything. Benen had to say this, “It seems even stranger than someone would talk to a national audience about voter fraud without knowing what it is, but that's Palin for you.” And I have to completely agree with what he said about her. He also brought up the fact that the McCain is trying to keep Palin more hidden by having her, “talk to anyone but sycophantic conservatives.”
The last and final thing brought up in his blog was the fact that “Palin is right about not having anything to lose. If McCain comes up short in three weeks, she returns to her day job in Alaska, and she remains the darling of unhinged right-wing activists everywhere.” He says she can say whatever she wants from now to election. He also says “It's tempting to think the governor does have something to lose -- her credibility, her dignity, her sense of decency, her honor -- but we are talking about Sarah Palin. After watching her conduct over the course of this campaign, serious observers know she lost these qualities a while ago.”
I completely agree with Steve Benen and I too think Sarah Palin is dumb. I don’t see how Sarah Palin lost these “qualities” when she had none to begin with. What exactly has she lost? She's been like this since before her political career began.

No comments: